We sure do miss seeing you, and hope that you are safe and well! As we plan ahead for the reopening our facilities, our number one goal is to provide a safe environment for you, your family and our YMCA staff. When we reopen the Y and Camp Benson, we will be following the governor’s mandates, procedures outlined by the Center for Disease Control, the Y-USA, the American Camp Association and the Environmental Health and Engineering, Inc.
While we are unable to provide an exact opening date at this time, the temporary precautionary measures we will take include a combination of the following:
· Adjusted hours of operation
· Social distancing requirements
· Limits on total number of members and amount of time allowed in the facility
• Screened check-in procedures
· Requirement of wearing masks or face coverings
• Directed traffic flow
• Closed aquatics area
• Closed showers
· Outdoor group exercise and personal training
• Limits on number of participants in group exercise classes and limited live classes
• A coordinated cleaning approach that involves staff and members
• Temporarily removing all tables and chairs to prevent gathering
• Temporarily suspending all non-member and day pass usage
While this is not a complete list, we want to keep you updated with factual information and ideas on what to expect. We will continue to learn from other YMCAs around the country that have been allowed to reopen to ensure that we have all of the necessary safety precautions in place.
We are working diligently on making decisions surrounding our Summer Day Camp and YMCA Camp Benson. As policies and protocols change rapidly, we are doing our best to see what the summer will look like in each of these programs. Any updates and new information will be provided to you through email, website, Facebook and also through your member newsletters.
We truly look forward to seeing you very soon!