What truly unprecedented times we are living in! The state of Illinois is moving into Tier 3 mitigations as of Friday, November 20th. The YMCA remains OPEN for business, but some changes are going to be required. Here is a brief overview of modifications:
- All individuals over the age of 2 will be required to wear a face covering, even while working out.
- Group exercise and water fitness classes will be suspended, but as a member you will have access to our new Virtual Y Platform. More details coming soon!
- Locker rooms will remain open for swimmers only. Members with locker rentals will be able to access their belongings.
- Walk-up reservations for the cardio and weight room will take place upon entry into the Y.
- The pool will remain open for lap swim and individual water exercise. Please reserve your lane HERE.
What is NOT changing?
- All 1-1 personal training will continue.
- Swimming lessons are anticipated to continue. More details are expected to be received by state official soon.
- Childcare (Wee Care) is open and remains unaffected by the new mitigations at this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we follow state and health department requirements. We want to ensure the safety of our members and staff.
Your YMCA Staff