- CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) is a school-based health program designed to promote physical activity and healthy food choices.
- CATCH transforms a child’s environment, culture, and society by coordinating child health efforts across all aspects of the educational experience: classroom, food services, physical education, and family.
- CATCH can help increase the quantity and quality of kids’ daily physical activity
- CATCH teaches kids and parents the importance of daily physical activity
- CATCH can help to transform the school environment to support healthier food choices
- CATCH teaches kids and parents the importance of eating healthfully every day
Healthy choices are catching on at Sterling and Rock Falls area grade schools through the exercise and nutrition-focused CATCH program that is supported by the CGH Health Foundation, Sterling Public Schools, and Rock Falls District 13.
Since the inception of CATCH in 2014 the program has continued to expand from 4 schools to 6 and serves Sterling and Rock Falls. The program is able to serve 2,600 students and provide 1,128 hours of implementation of fitness activities, outreach programs, and nutritional educational throughout the year.
The YMCA is proud to be able to lead this program and work with our community partners on educating the youth in the area to increase physical activity, make healthy eating choices, and reduce their screen time.
MEET OUR CATCH TEAM
Andrea loves being a part of the YMCA team and teaches Kickboxing, Bootcamp and Revolve360. Along with her classes, she is also NETA Personal Training certified! Andrea works very closely with our CATCH program that serves 6 schools in Sterling & Rock Falls. She leads the workouts at area schools and helps with the coordination of the program.
Sierra has always had a passion for working with children and making them smile. Being able to incorporate healthy food choices and improve physical movement for the children in this community is huge. She strives to enlighten the children about their choices when it comes to food and fitness, and how important it is to be happy and healthy.