We know there is much concern regarding the spread of Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. Sterling-Rock Falls YMCA takes the importance of maintaining an environment that minimizes the spread of infectious disease very seriously. We want to share with you information about the steps we are taking to keep our members, program participants, and guests safe.
We urge you to remember inclusion. Unfortunately, at this time, many of our Asian communities are facing stigmatization due to the coronavirus. To help our community members feel safe and welcome during this time, please remember to share facts, not fear.
As we have updates to share, we will post details on this page.
March 17, 2020, 3:00PM
NOW OFFERING FACEBOOK LIVE FITNESS CLASSES!
We are working hard to find creative solutions to serve our members and our community during this time. Since our facility is temporarily closed, we have put together a Facebook Live fitness schedule for the next 2 weeks. Here is this weeks line up of Facebook Live classes:
March 17th: Pound with Sarah at 5:30pm
March 18th: Barre with Kristin at 10:00am
March 19th: FitMix with Ganesa at 8:00am
March 19th: SilverSneakers with Kathy at 9:00am
March 19th: Pound with Beth at 5:30pm
March 20th: Chair Yoga with Andrea at 9:00am
March 20th: Barre with Trinity at 10:00am
When we go live, if you like our Facebook page, you will be alerted. If you are on our Facebook page you will be able to see the video start. If you do not immediately see it, refresh your screen, After the videos are finished, they will removed from our page. We hope these help you in keeping your wellness routine.
March 16, 2020, 4:30PM
Dear valued Y members,
We are in unprecedented times and, because the well-being of our members, staff and community is our highest priority, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our YMCA facility effective tonight, Monday, March 16, at 6 p.m. We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and make decisions on a day-to-day basis. Please look for updates and information that will be communicated via email, Facebook and our website at srfymca.org.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization that relies on your membership to provide services throughout our community. This pandemic will no doubt have a financial impact on many including the Y. While we hope you keep that in mind, we will credit your membership account 50% of your monthly payment upon request. Call us at 815-535-9622.
The Y will post daily updates and activities to help you and your family during this challenging time. We know that regular exercise is one component of a healthy lifestyle that can help reduce stress and prevent illness. While in-person group exercise classes have been temporarily suspended, we want to provide you with a variety of at-home options. FREE to all members for a limited time, you can take group exercise classes right in your own home. We will be posting videos, links and resources for family activities and continued youth learning.
We appreciate your understanding and support during this difficult time. Please watch for our daily updates.
March 14, 2020, 11:00PM
The Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA remains committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. We share the growing concerns about the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). While the outbreak is to be taken seriously, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) continues to report that the immediate risk to the general public remains low at this time.
The first priority of Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA has always been the health and safety of those we serve. We are actively monitoring updates from the CDC, the State of Illinois, Y-USA and our local health departments.
The YMCA will continue to remain open during regular business hours, however, we wanted to take a moment to communicate the steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our members, participants, and staff.
What the Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA is doing:
- We are cleaning more frequently and paying extra attention to high-touch areas such as door handles/pushes, tables/countertops, phones, hand rails, etc.
- We are being vigilant in keeping the wellness center floor, machines and equipment clean.
- We have posted signs throughout the YMCA encouraging hand washing and best hygiene practices.
As of 5:00 AM, Monday, March 16th, the following temporary measures will be in place through Monday, March 30th:
- We will temporarily be suspending entry to all non-members and anyone attempting to use a guest pass to visit the YMCA.
- We are temporarily limiting our group exercise classes to 25 participants.
- The Y will not be having a school day out camp due to unexpected school closures. It would be irresponsible of us to gather large groups of children.
- We plan to run our Spring Break Camp from March 23rd-March 27th with a limited capacity of 25 youth per day.
- Our Lucky Charm Family 5K scheduled for Saturday, March 21 has been cancelled. If you have already registered for this event, our Y staff will be in contact with you.
Here is what you can do:
- Please do not visit the YMCA if you are ill, out of respect to fellow members and vulnerable individuals within our community. If you have symptoms such as a cough, fever, or are sneezing we ask that you avoid the Y until you are well.
- Avoid close contact with others – this is especially important for seniors and individuals who are at a higher risk of getting very sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
As new developments emerge, changes may take affect without advanced notice. Your patience is appreciated. If at any point we are advised to suspend additional programming or close the Y, please refer to our website at srfymca.org for the most up-to-date information.
This is definitely a unique and uncharted time and we will do all we can to stand tall in the face of this adversity. I thank you all for your support and patience as we continue to work through this process