As we continue to navigate the pandemic, this will be your source of YMCA information regarding facility and program status.
What truly unprecedented times we are living in! The state of Illinois is moving into Tier 3 mitigations as of Friday, November 20th. The YMCA remains OPEN for business, but some changes are going to be required. Here is a brief overview of modifications:
- All individuals over the age of 2 will be required to wear a face covering, even while working out.
- Group exercise and water fitness classes will be suspended, but as a member you will have access to our new Virtual Y Platform. More details coming soon!
- Locker rooms will remain open for swimmers only. Members with locker rentals will be able to access their belongings.
- Walk-up reservations for the cardio and weight room will take place upon entry into the Y.
- The pool will remain open for lap swim and individual water exercise. Please reserve your lane HERE.
What is NOT changing?
- All 1-1 personal training will continue.
- Swimming lessons are anticipated to continue. More details are expected to be received by state official soon.
- Childcare (Wee Care) is open and remains unaffected by the new mitigations at this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we follow state and health requirements. We want to ensure the safety of our members and staff during this season.
Our Hours of Operation Are:
Our wellness centers at the Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA are OPEN!
Walk-up reservations for the cardio and weight room will take place upon entry into the Y. Masks need to be worn while working out.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We’re following guidelines from the CDC, health experts and local officials to ensure our YMCA meets the highest standards of hygiene and safety.
What to Bring
You’ll need your membership card or phone with the YMCA app for check in, a mask, water bottle and a towel. Our water fountains are temporarily closed.
Wearing a Mask/Screening
Wearing a mask is a requirement to enter the Y. Beginning November 20, masks will be required while working out.
You’ll notice that some of the equipment is not in service. This allows us to provide a safe distance between members using the equipment. YMCA staff will thoroughly clean the equipment after each use and rotate the use of the equipment to allow for full sanitation. We encourage you to wipe down the equipment before and after use for extra precaution.