The Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Senior Program Director!
Job Title: Senior Program Director FLSA Status: Exempt Status: Full-Time
Under the supervision of CEO, the Senior Program Director of Membership, Marketing & Events cultivates relationships with members and the community to further the Y’s mission, and increase member involvement and program participation in YMCA activities. This position follows and promotes the Y’s philosophy in a fast-paced environment, and delivers mission-driven messaging to the community in order to strengthen the Y’s position as a leading charitable organization in the Sterling-Rock Falls Community.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Candidate must possess extremely strong writing and communication skills and be able to formulate impactful stories and publications via social media and other marketing materials.
- Four or more years of membership or program management experience in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required upon 30 days of hire.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote membership/program growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Hires, trains, and supervises full-time and part-time staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Ensures high quality customer service and member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- Meets with local companies to establish corporate membership alliances.
- In coordination with the Healthy Living Director, works with corporate members to create special programs to improve employee health and increase participation in YMCA programs.
- Creates the organization’s annual marketing plan. Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Maintains and updates web site via a word-based content management system and other online media/marketing vehicles and social media.
- Produces and/or coordinates the production of the program guide, internal signage, campaign collateral, posters and promotional materials.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees and board as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Works Director on Duty shifts as scheduled.
- Coordinates special events and activities for the YMCA.
- All other duties as assigned.
Salary $32,000.00 – $45,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email: [email protected]
Apply by Mail to: Trish Klaver, 2505 YMCA Way, Sterling IL, 61081-9063
Resumes Accepted Until 3/2/2018
WORK WITH US & JOIN OUR CAUSE
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping solve some of the nation’s most pressing social issues.
THE Y INVESTS IN YOU
We are dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals because we want you to feel valued in your work and confident in your potential. Here at the Y, supervisors believe in you and help you succeed. You’ll be encouraged to become a leader through:
Character is what counts at the Y, where our values – caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – shape our culture. The Y is a diverse community where your colleagues quickly become your friends.